vom: 05.03.2013 von: Philadelphia Visual FoxPro User Group
Philadelphia VFUG meets March 12--?A VFP programmer's approach to handling data in .NET.?  
The next meeting of the Philadelphia Visual FoxPro User Group is Tuesday, March 12 at 7 PM in Room 158, DeVry University, 1140 Virginia Drive, Fort Washington, PA. As usual, feel free to bring some dinner and come as early as 6:30. Member Bill Fitzgerald will speak on ?A VFP programmer's approach to handling data in .NET.? He says "About 6 years ago I started learning .NET and now more than 50% of my programming is done in .NET. I found some good books but most of them don't approach .NET from the point of view of a desktop database programmer and the few that do are seriously out of date. Unlike VFP which has its own built in methods for handling data, .NET is data neutral, so countless ways of handling data have emerged and continue to emerge. It took about 4 years of trial and error before I settled on an approach to handling data within .NET desktop applications that resonated somewhat with the way I did things with VFP. The approach is also applicable to web applications though my focus has been on the desktop. In this session, I?ll use a small database to demonstrate my approach to handling data in .NET/SQL Server."

Link zum Thema vfpphilly.blogspot.com